Thursday, March 19, 2009

Anne Elisabeth's Take

This place is the most beautiful place I’ve ever visited. It’s not just the people here with incredible physical beauty...it’s their spirits. They all seem so joyful! For most of them, it seems like they would have no reason to be happy, like the world for them holds no happiness. Yet somehow, they all have unbounding joy!!! I see now how much I take for granted, along with many other people living in America, one of the most prosperous nations in the world. The way we find things to be unhappy about makes me so sad. It almost makes me angry, because God has given us so much to be happy about, and sometimes, we act like brats and ignore all the blessings he has given us. Even the ability to read, having four functional limbs, being alive and well...we don’t take the time to look at these gifts too often. The joy here, though, is so contagious! I haven’t felt such happiness in a long time, and it is absolutely magnificent. This place is just waiting for the chance to be filled with God’s love, and I am so blessed and feel so honored to be able to partake in this mission! Thank the Lord for experiences like this, experiences that allow us to become stronger in our faith and strengthen others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment